SHOW REVIEWS.

Go down

SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  xTJx on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:45 am

Seeing as we don't have a sub-topic for this, post the lineup of the show9or at least the main bands) and the date. LET THE REVIEWS START!
avatar
xTJx

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 27
Location : Huntington, WV

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xxxteejay | http://www.twitter.com/TJxxx

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  Mike T on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:49 am

http://wvhc.activeboard.com/index.spark?aBID=136162&p=1

^^this place does Cool

for real though, that house show was super fun. is that swamp thing show happening there?
avatar
Mike T

Posts : 113
Join date : 2010-05-21
Location : http://wvhc.activeboard.com/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  xTJx on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:55 am

Not sure yet Sad I wish this show would've been taken care of. Goddammit.
avatar
xTJx

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 27
Location : Huntington, WV

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xxxteejay | http://www.twitter.com/TJxxx

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  jacobxw on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:06 am

7.18.2010

Hard Tmes- Pretty alright, i liked the set. It'll probably grow on me more as I see them
Get Real - Get a new name
Dead End Path - Killed it, band fucking rules. I love them. Mosh hard or get outta' da pit
Fire & Ice - Great set, these dudes ruled. Everyone in this band seemed to be having an awesome time playing. I was so stoked after they opened with "Gods & Devils"
Backtrack - Another good set, band is awesome. Good mix of demo & 7" songs, then that fucking track that will be on America's Hardcore is fucking fantastic, perfect song for them.

The singer of Backtrack said it best "No dead weight". I'm glad the kids that came wanted to be there instead of being pieces of shit that just wanted to come "be" at the show, and smoke cigarettes outside the whole time.
+'s
Touring bands seeming to be really stoked about the crowd participation, and turnout
Good turnout
Louisville kids
DP Dough
Seeing friends I haven't seen in months

-'s
Goodbye's
Last show in West Virginia for quite some time
Stupid drunk assholes

jacobxw

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  xTJx on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:18 pm

7/18/2010
Jersey Devil-Seemed a bit loose, however I liked the music a lot. I think they'll continue to get better with every show they play. And the Merauder cover ruled. Good set overall!

Hard Times-One of the best local Huntington bands, without a doubt. Every time I see these guys, they just get better and better. So stoked that Brett, Nasty and Ryan from Beyond All Hope/Hold Your Own are back in a hardcore band. And I'm glad the dude from Waco got another band.

Get Real-Fuck you guys for hating them for their name. They're extremely good. Good dudes. Awesome set.

Dead End Path-So fucking good. First time seeing them play a full set, definitely will not be my last.

Fire & Ice-Love this band. Agreeing with Jacob, everyone did seem like they were having a good time which is awesome. Awesome set.

Backtrack-Love seeing this band live. Moshed hard.

+'s
Saw friends
Awesome music
Bands seemed to have had a good time
Party at the Get Real/Redunko house afterward!

-'s
Not as many kids as expected, surprise surprise.
avatar
xTJx

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 27
Location : Huntington, WV

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xxxteejay | http://www.twitter.com/TJxxx

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  wesripley on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:22 pm

xTJx wrote:
Get Real-Fuck you guys for hating them for their name. They're extremely good. Good dudes. Awesome set.

for real, there's like 3 hardcore bands named Beartrap and there's another hardcore band named Downpour with an entire album up for downloading on last.fm. it's not a big deal
avatar
wesripley

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  Mike T on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:50 pm

this show ruled.

it was cool to see people from out of state actually come to a show in wv. i was surprised at the low turnout, but it didn't matter. like james in backtrack said, basically everyone that came to the show was there for the show. probably my favorite local show since bracewar/mother of mercy/cruel hand in february.
avatar
Mike T

Posts : 113
Join date : 2010-05-21
Location : http://wvhc.activeboard.com/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  jacobxw on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:53 pm

wesripley wrote:
xTJx wrote:
Get Real-Fuck you guys for hating them for their name. They're extremely good. Good dudes. Awesome set.

for real, there's like 3 hardcore bands named Beartrap and there's another hardcore band named Downpour with an entire album up for downloading on last.fm. it's not a big deal

The other Beartrap is Bear Trap their from Australia. Get Real from New Jersey released a 19 song LP in 2004, and a demo in 2003. It wouldn't be that "big of a deal" if they hadn't toured, released all that music, and made their presence known in the hardcore scene, in short they were around long before this "Get Real" was. That's like me trying to release music, and tour with the band name Mental or Sick Of It All. They haven't been a band that long so it wouldn't be a big deal to change the name of their band. It'd be different if they didn't know or have a clue about the other Get Real, but they for sure 100% know. If they want to release music, tour, and do well at it then they should change their name, just because of the sheer importance of the other Get Real in the early 2000's.

jacobxw

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  Mike T on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:19 pm

jacobxw wrote:
wesripley wrote:
xTJx wrote:
Get Real-Fuck you guys for hating them for their name. They're extremely good. Good dudes. Awesome set.

for real, there's like 3 hardcore bands named Beartrap and there's another hardcore band named Downpour with an entire album up for downloading on last.fm. it's not a big deal

The other Beartrap is Bear Trap their from Australia. Get Real from New Jersey released a 19 song LP in 2004, and a demo in 2003. It wouldn't be that "big of a deal" if they hadn't toured, released all that music, and made their presence known in the hardcore scene, in short they were around long before this "Get Real" was. That's like me trying to release music, and tour with the band name Mental or Sick Of It All. They haven't been a band that long so it wouldn't be a big deal to change the name of their band. It'd be different if they didn't know or have a clue about the other Get Real, but they for sure 100% know. If they want to release music, tour, and do well at it then they should change their name, just because of the sheer importance of the other Get Real in the early 2000's.

i wouldn't say get real is that well known. they might have actually not known who they were.
avatar
Mike T

Posts : 113
Join date : 2010-05-21
Location : http://wvhc.activeboard.com/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  jacobxw on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Mike T wrote:
jacobxw wrote:
wesripley wrote:
xTJx wrote:
Get Real-Fuck you guys for hating them for their name. They're extremely good. Good dudes. Awesome set.

for real, there's like 3 hardcore bands named Beartrap and there's another hardcore band named Downpour with an entire album up for downloading on last.fm. it's not a big deal

The other Beartrap is Bear Trap their from Australia. Get Real from New Jersey released a 19 song LP in 2004, and a demo in 2003. It wouldn't be that "big of a deal" if they hadn't toured, released all that music, and made their presence known in the hardcore scene, in short they were around long before this "Get Real" was. That's like me trying to release music, and tour with the band name Mental or Sick Of It All. They haven't been a band that long so it wouldn't be a big deal to change the name of their band. It'd be different if they didn't know or have a clue about the other Get Real, but they for sure 100% know. If they want to release music, tour, and do well at it then they should change their name, just because of the sheer importance of the other Get Real in the early 2000's.

i wouldn't say get real is that well known. they might have actually not known who they were.

really? when I think of New Jersey hardcore bands Floorpunch & Get Real are the first two I think of. I'm sure that they didn't know when they named the band to begin with, but my point is they do now. I'm not trying to talk shit on the guys in the band, because their really nice guys, and the music isn't bad. I just think that a new name would do them a lot of good.

jacobxw

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  wesripley on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:20 pm

jacobxw wrote:
Mike T wrote:
jacobxw wrote:
wesripley wrote:
xTJx wrote:
Get Real-Fuck you guys for hating them for their name. They're extremely good. Good dudes. Awesome set.

for real, there's like 3 hardcore bands named Beartrap and there's another hardcore band named Downpour with an entire album up for downloading on last.fm. it's not a big deal

The other Beartrap is Bear Trap their from Australia. Get Real from New Jersey released a 19 song LP in 2004, and a demo in 2003. It wouldn't be that "big of a deal" if they hadn't toured, released all that music, and made their presence known in the hardcore scene, in short they were around long before this "Get Real" was. That's like me trying to release music, and tour with the band name Mental or Sick Of It All. They haven't been a band that long so it wouldn't be a big deal to change the name of their band. It'd be different if they didn't know or have a clue about the other Get Real, but they for sure 100% know. If they want to release music, tour, and do well at it then they should change their name, just because of the sheer importance of the other Get Real in the early 2000's.
i wouldn't say get real is that well known. they might have actually not known who they were.

really? when I think of New Jersey hardcore bands Floorpunch & Get Real are the first two I think of. I'm sure that they didn't know when they named the band to begin with, but my point is they do now. I'm not trying to talk shit on the guys in the band, because their really nice guys, and the music isn't bad. I just think that a new name would do them a lot of good.

there's another Beartrap, or Bear Trap, whichever you prefer, from Europe, England if I'm not mistaken. i see where you're coming from, but omitting any comment on their music and just telling them to get a new name seems rather condescending to me. i'd bet money they'll change the name anyway, if they "for sure 100% know."
avatar
wesripley

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  jacobxw on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:29 pm

wesripley wrote:
jacobxw wrote:
Mike T wrote:
jacobxw wrote:
wesripley wrote:
xTJx wrote:
Get Real-Fuck you guys for hating them for their name. They're extremely good. Good dudes. Awesome set.

for real, there's like 3 hardcore bands named Beartrap and there's another hardcore band named Downpour with an entire album up for downloading on last.fm. it's not a big deal

The other Beartrap is Bear Trap their from Australia. Get Real from New Jersey released a 19 song LP in 2004, and a demo in 2003. It wouldn't be that "big of a deal" if they hadn't toured, released all that music, and made their presence known in the hardcore scene, in short they were around long before this "Get Real" was. That's like me trying to release music, and tour with the band name Mental or Sick Of It All. They haven't been a band that long so it wouldn't be a big deal to change the name of their band. It'd be different if they didn't know or have a clue about the other Get Real, but they for sure 100% know. If they want to release music, tour, and do well at it then they should change their name, just because of the sheer importance of the other Get Real in the early 2000's.
i wouldn't say get real is that well known. they might have actually not known who they were.

really? when I think of New Jersey hardcore bands Floorpunch & Get Real are the first two I think of. I'm sure that they didn't know when they named the band to begin with, but my point is they do now. I'm not trying to talk shit on the guys in the band, because their really nice guys, and the music isn't bad. I just think that a new name would do them a lot of good.

there's another Beartrap, or Bear Trap, whichever you prefer, from Europe, England if I'm not mistaken. i see where you're coming from, but omitting any comment on their music and just telling them to get a new name seems rather condescending to me. i'd bet money they'll change the name anyway, if they "for sure 100% know."

I know that Corey knows, because whenever I was around Dylan, and Corey, Dylan gave him shit for it the name, and let him know that there was already a Get Real.

jacobxw

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  wesripley on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 pm

jacobxw wrote:
wesripley wrote:
jacobxw wrote:
Mike T wrote:
jacobxw wrote:
wesripley wrote:
xTJx wrote:
Get Real-Fuck you guys for hating them for their name. They're extremely good. Good dudes. Awesome set.

for real, there's like 3 hardcore bands named Beartrap and there's another hardcore band named Downpour with an entire album up for downloading on last.fm. it's not a big deal

The other Beartrap is Bear Trap their from Australia. Get Real from New Jersey released a 19 song LP in 2004, and a demo in 2003. It wouldn't be that "big of a deal" if they hadn't toured, released all that music, and made their presence known in the hardcore scene, in short they were around long before this "Get Real" was. That's like me trying to release music, and tour with the band name Mental or Sick Of It All. They haven't been a band that long so it wouldn't be a big deal to change the name of their band. It'd be different if they didn't know or have a clue about the other Get Real, but they for sure 100% know. If they want to release music, tour, and do well at it then they should change their name, just because of the sheer importance of the other Get Real in the early 2000's.
i wouldn't say get real is that well known. they might have actually not known who they were.

really? when I think of New Jersey hardcore bands Floorpunch & Get Real are the first two I think of. I'm sure that they didn't know when they named the band to begin with, but my point is they do now. I'm not trying to talk shit on the guys in the band, because their really nice guys, and the music isn't bad. I just think that a new name would do them a lot of good.

there's another Beartrap, or Bear Trap, whichever you prefer, from Europe, England if I'm not mistaken. i see where you're coming from, but omitting any comment on their music and just telling them to get a new name seems rather condescending to me. i'd bet money they'll change the name anyway, if they "for sure 100% know."

I know that Corey knows, because whenever I was around Dylan, and Corey, Dylan gave him shit for it the name, and let him know that there was already a Get Real.

i wasnt argueing that they didnt know,

edit:
which is why it's not a big deal, i'm pretty sure if people are giving them shit for it, they will change the band name
avatar
wesripley

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  Mike T on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:40 pm

the homewrecker/mad minds show was alright. sucks it started so late since the bands showed up late. the turnout kinda sucked, but the new homewrecker songs are a lot better. it was so hot. i'm dreading nfg in that regard.
avatar
Mike T

Posts : 113
Join date : 2010-05-21
Location : http://wvhc.activeboard.com/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  Bronan the Barbarian on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:18 am

i've been waiting to see new found glory all my life. life goal accomplished. also, getting a mic grab on "understatement" is a plus. the show last night was the most fun i've had in years. (since the hyamp days more than likely) the huntington scene felt alive again to me, and i'm glad. can't wait until we find a new venue. fred doesn't know how to run that place and tries to rip us off at every corner. i wish there was a building that we owned and ran, so we wouldn't have to worry about pricks like fred. one can only hope i guess.
avatar
Bronan the Barbarian

Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Huntington, WV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  Mike T on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:23 pm

that show ruled. i still can't believe it happened at fred jr's. nfg seemed to legitimately enjoy that show. they played the 3 songs that i wanted to hear the most, that's a plus. hopefully this opens some doors for david and he can keep getting shows of this magnitude.
avatar
Mike T

Posts : 113
Join date : 2010-05-21
Location : http://wvhc.activeboard.com/

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  xTJx on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Jacob, I can't believe you put Get Real as high up on the list as Mental or SOIA. Shame shame shame.
avatar
xTJx

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 27
Location : Huntington, WV

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xxxteejay | http://www.twitter.com/TJxxx

Back to top Go down

Re: SHOW REVIEWS.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum